Champions of the World

Champions of the World

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thoughts about technologies

Everything is so much easier nowdays.  I use a video editing tool on my computer called Womble that allows the user to edit, add titles/credits, scene transitions, narration, sound effects, music to create your own movies recorded from a digital video camera.  I have also used it on DVD movies.  I have created my own edits of things like "The Phantom Menace", "The five Doctors".  I even like adding additional scenes cut from the original versions but are presented on the DVD... I did this for "Galaxy Quest".  Last year I edited a movie shot by staff at Newcastle TAFE called "A librarians Christmas".  I had to edit scenes together, add transitions, add narration, a music track, opening titles imported from a bmp file, overlay dialog, increase the speed of certain scenes when the elves appear.  It's great fun.

3 comments:

  1. Technology is something that we can pick and choose to use to further our interests. Gez has used technology to edit movies (something that I too have benefitted from) while I need to expand my use of technology to work with my photos - I use scanners both for print and negatives, printers and the photo booths are a great bonus :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gez you are the TechnoHead master. Are you reviewing the "GLA the movie'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definately like to watch GLA the movie trailer.

    ReplyDelete